Fishing and shooting breaks in the Trossachs
The Trossachs and Breadalbane offers not only stunning scenery but also superb fishing opportunities. Salmon and sea trout are to be found on the famous Loch Tay at Killin. The area also boasts the ‘jewel’, Lake of Menteith, and a string of brown trout lochs set in the beautiful Queen Elizabeth Forest Park with parking and picnic places and inexpensive bank fishing. Boat fishing for trout can be found at Lochearnhead.
Numerous local rivers provide excellent salmon and b rown trout fishing, including River Leny, Dochart and Teith – and the upper Forth near Aberfoyle.
Excellent pike fishing is also available on Loch Venacher and one or two other lochs in the area.
For all your tackle and equipment requirements locally, and for local permits on many lochs and rivers in the Trossachs area, visit James Bayne Fishing Tackle, 76 Main Street Callander Tel 01877 330218
From deer stalking in Scotland, to grouse shooting, Poppies Hotel is the ideal venue for field sports.
Shooting - from Grouse to Partridge. White hare to Rabbits. Driven pheasant. Pigeon shooting. Driven duck. Ptarmigan goose & duck flighting - or a mixture! And stalking - choose from Red Stag, Roebuck, Sika, Fallow and even Wild Goat. You can shoot (something) in Scotland 365 days a year. And literally tens of thousands of acres of excellent fieldsport opportunities are only a short distance from the hotel. We will liaise and partner with local agents to ensure.
- Transport between Accommodation and Shooting Areas and on the shoot
- Provision of all necessary staff including group supervisor
- Hire of shotguns if required, and provision of Ammunition
- Shooting Lunches with Refreshments
- Temporary Game Licence and Personal Liability Insurance
- Temporary Weapons Import Permit
- Bad Weather Shoot Cancellation Insurance Premium for driven programmes only
- Group Collection & Return to Glasgow Airport if required
Programmes are equally suitable for corporate entertainment or for private enjoyment. And side tours for non hunting guests as well as golfing, fishing or touring add-ons can be arranged. So we are a truly multi-countrysport activity destination!